15 January 2015

Time


goodtimefilm.tumblr.com

Do you ever take a step back from where you are? Like where you are RIGHT NOW. Maybe you are graduating from high school soon. Maybe you are applying for a job, or struggling through Algebra. Take a step back and think of the earliest memory you have ever had. Seriously! 



My earliest memory would be of me in Kindergarten watching Mrs. High show us our shapes on the whiteboard. She was wearing overalls and a pink shirt and I was wearing a green flower shirt and flower skirt. Now take that memory, and compare it to now! Instead of learning what a circle is, you may be finding the volume of a polyhedron. Time is a crazy thing! It seems like when you want more, there's no more left, but when you wish it would all go away, it pours in live a wave.

I am writing this I guess because today the mailman came, and while my step mom found out she is being picked for jury duty, I received my brothers girlfriend's baby shower invitation. Her name is Nova and she is only 16! My brother is 18, and if you would have told me he was going to be a Dad even two years ago, I would have laughed. I dont know if this kind of stuff effects you like it does to me, but I feel like I am growing up too fast! In only a few years, I can work and maybe even drive. I miss the days when we had green eggs and ham at story time and discovered new barbies. Do you?

I guess the overall reason why I am writing this is because I am going to be an aunt. Jelena Kimberlee, the social fatality, is going to be an aunt! One day Emma Rose is going to look up at me and say my name. I will be her aunt, and she will be my niece, and nothing will ever be able to change that. No matter what.


Sorry for such a long post, but I just think its crazy to reflect on where you are right now.
Thanks for reading :)

xx Jelena Kimberlee
(the social fatality)

8 comments:

  1. That's really young to be pregnant...
    And I have a lot of early memories..... Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaaa I know :O

      ikr I do to... I guess when you get older, you remember more.

      Glad you read my post! :) I will get followers one day!

      Delete
  2. I love posts like these, when your able to reflect on the past. I find myself dreading what the future has to hold but I know there's a lot of opportunities that await my taking. Although I do miss being able to carry a doll around with me without being judged. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I do too, and I do miss being able to carry around Blue without people looking at me like I belong in a psycho house lol.

      (blue is my stuffed animal that i've had since birth)

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog through Nicole Rose's and I can't wait to read more. And I totally agree. I wouldn't have believe my life would turn out the way it is now five years ago. But it's a good thing isn't it? And congrats on your new niece!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you found me! I do agree, time is such an odd thing.. Thanks btw :)

      Delete
  4. Why we have to cherish the time that you do have now!! But when you grow up you have memories just different kinds of memories

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy each comment everytime :)